Checking the Fortran-90 code of ECHAM5/MESSy
Max Planck Institute for Chemistry, Mainz
The complete Fortran-90/95 code of the ECHAM5/MESSy distribution can be
checked with forcheck.
Forcheck is a commercial fortran code analyzer
Users at the MPI for Chemistry in Mainz can use forcheck
on the Compaq-Alpha/OSF1 Workstations, the
Linux-Clusters, and the Linux-PCs which have /soft mounted.
The check of ECHAM5/MESSy can easily be performed with
after configuration (configure.html) of
This runs the tcsh-script ./messy/util/efchk
which uses internally ./messy/util/lst2log.gawk and
The output is:
- one .log-file for each analyzed .f90 file
(in ./src, ./modules, ./messy/e5, and ./messy/src)
- filelist.log contains a list of all generated .log-files
- forcheck.log contains an overall summary of the forcheck output
- echam5.xml.log contains a complete cross reference in XML-format
- forcheck.sum contains a list of all forcheck errors/warnings/infos
This page was last modified on
17 Dec 2009.
If you have comments or suggestions, e-mail me at
You can visit my home-page at