Calculation of time average and standard deviation within ECHAM5
Max Planck Institute for Chemistry, Mainz
The following subroutines have been extended with optional parameters:
The switches lav and lsd are used
for internal calculation and output (if lpost=.true.)
of the time average (as alternative to the instantaneous value)
and the standard deviation, respectively.
- SUBROUTINE default_stream_setting( ..., lav = .true., lsd = .true., ...)
- SUBROUTINE set_stream_element_info( ..., lav = .true., lsd = .true., ...)
- SUBROUTINE add_stream_element( ..., lav = .true., lsd = .true., ...)
- SUBROUTINE add_stream_reference( ..., lav = .true., lsd = .true., ...)
- SUBROUTINE set_memory_info( ..., lav = .true., lsd = .true., ...)
The following modules of ECHAM5 have been changed:
- If only lsd=.true. is specified, lav is set automatically
to .true., i.e., the time average of the field (instead of the
instantaneous value) is written to the output.
- The additional field [name]_sd for field [name]
is written to the
output file, in case of lsd=.true.!
This does only work for netCDF files. For GRIB files, the
GRIB-code is not unambiguous.
- The required information is saved/restored into/from the rerun files.
This page was last modified on
17 Dec 2009.
If you have comments or suggestions, e-mail me at
You can visit my home-page at